Wednesday, July 21, 2010

New Record Update; Fall shows announced; Vimeo and more


In June I began tracking a new full-length solo album and returned back to a recording studio in Brooklyn that I  worked in during Like A Lion.  There were a few reasons for returning back to Brooklyn, one of which was the comfort and familiarity of the studio.  As studio-time typically demands long hours and long days, getting out of DC for a bit and allowing a change of atmosphere was also part of the consideration.  As we approach the later half of July, I'm making good progress on the album and hope to have this done by late Fall and released still here in 2010.  No album title yet.  11 songs at this point.  Maybe 12.   Don't want to give too much away.  I think the stuff is sounding great though and I'm excited to get this album out. 

A good friend of mine from college who lives out in the Los Angeles area was in town during those initial days of tracking in Brooklyn and was nice enough to capture some live footage and photos of the studio.  I posted some of the photos up this week on Flickr that you can check out here
 
As the recording process was demanding a lot of my attention in the early summer along with a few trips back-up to Manhattan and Brooklyn in June and July, I was not playing out live as much the past few months.  That will change here as I've started to gear-up for a run of shows in September and October, both as a solo act as well as with some of the new folks I've been playing with over the past few months.  The schedule will be updated but here are some shows posted as of now:   Hope to see you out.

Sunday: August 8th:  The Red & the Black; Washington DC
Thursday: September 8th:  Pianos; New York, NY
Monday: September 13th:  Smiths Olde Bar, Atlanta, GA
Wednesday: September 29th: Mockingbird, Staunton, VA
Thursday: September 30th:  Tea Bazaar, Charlottsville, VA

I'll be out in Los Angeles next week back singing at Dodger Stadium for the Mets-Dodgers game.  This time I'm singing both the National Anthem and God Bless America.  I've been told this is the Fox "Game of the Week" . . .but not sure if that means this is on TV or not.  Either way, I'm pretty excited to be back in LA, see some family and perform in front of a an audience slightly larger (40,000) than those I typically perform for in clubs on the East Coast.  I don't think I'll roll with the marketing bumper sticker this time.


Finally, I started to upload some live clips from a few shows this summer at the Rock N Roll Hotel in DC and they will be up on Vimeo later this month.  Make sure to check those out as well, in addition to the stuff already posted up on YouTube here

No comments:

Post a Comment